Jumana Amireh is skilled within the art of porcelain crafting. Her goal was always to set-up her own shop and provide customers of all ages with customized porcelain crafts. However, Jumana was unskilled in the field of business development and lacked the technical abilities to carry out her dream and set up shop. It was during this time that MENACatalyst’s launched GIZ supported program based in Jerusalem, Empowering Youth Through Digital Skills Development. Jumana did not hesitate to join with the intent to acquire the skill and access the networks of support needed to enhance her capabilities and get to the next level.
Since joining, Jumana was able to develop a business and financial plan, and learn the basics of digital marketing with a focus on social media marketing which has become instrumental in her ability to showcase her work and reach new customers. Some of the challenges Jumana faced pertained to competition within the field of handicrafts which necessitated mentorship from industry experts on how to create signature pieces that are unique to Jumana’s personal brand. In addition Jumana needed guidance in terms of identifying and reaching her targeted market which mainly focused on Palestinian expats and diaspora which required the ability to connect with shipping channels or affiliate partners to export her products.
To accomplish her goal, it is recommended that Jumana,
- Further develop her calligraphy skills.
- Develop basic photography skills to add a unique element to her crafts.
- Digital marketing skills development with a focus on social media marketing.
- Connect with shipping and marketing affiliates that can help with exporting her products.
- Connect with suppliers that can provide quality crafting items to ensure the highest quality of products.
- Branding support.
IBAN >>>>> asdasd12353